In this second post in the series on the right asanas for the various doshic types, we will be discussing asanas for Pitta doshic types. As mentioned in our last post, it is important to remember the particularities of an individual’s unique body and customize the practice accordingly.
The themes for Pitta types with their yoga practice should center around words like: Cooling, relaxing, surrendering, forgiving, gentle, diffusive.
Recommended Asanas for Pitta:
- In general, all Sitting postures, except for Lion Pose.
- Moon salutation (Chandra Namaskar).
- Standing poses, especially hip openers like: Vrksasana (Tree Pose), Trikonasana, (Triangle Pose), and Half Moon pose (Ardha Chandrasana).
- Legs open standing forward bends like, Prasarita Padottanasana I (wide-legged forward bend).
- Shoulder stand, Viparitikaranai, Boat Pose, Fish Pose, Cobra Pose, Bow Pose, Fetal Pose.
- All sitting forward bends, especially Upavistha Konasana, and Kurmasana (Tortoise), Paschimottanasana.
- Twists like Ardha Matsyendrasana II and Marichyasana.
- Yoga Mudra (Yogic Seal), Corpse pose.
Stay tuned for the next post in this series, asanas for Kapha Doshic Types.