In this second post in the series on the right asanas for the various doshic types, we will be discussing asanas for Pitta doshic types. As mentioned in our last post, it is important to remember the particularities of an individual’s unique body and customize the practice accordingly.
The themes for Pitta types with their yoga practice should center around words like: Cooling, relaxing, surrendering, forgiving, gentle, diffusive.
Recommended Asanas for Pitta:
- In general, all Sitting postures, except for Lion Pose.
- Moon salutation (Chandra Namaskar).
- Standing poses, especially hip openers like: Vrksasana (Tree Pose), Trikonasana, (Triangle Pose), and Half Moon pose (Ardha Chandrasana).
- Legs open standing forward bends like, Prasarita Padottanasana I (wide-legged forward bend).
- Shoulder stand, Viparitikaranai, Boat Pose, Fish Pose, Cobra Pose, Bow Pose, Fetal Pose.
- All sitting forward bends, especially Upavistha Konasana, and Kurmasana (Tortoise), Paschimottanasana.
- Twists like Ardha Matsyendrasana II and Marichyasana.
- Yoga Mudra (Yogic Seal), Corpse pose.
Stay tuned for the next post in this series, asanas for Kapha Doshic Types.
Support the Monkey
If you do any shopping at Amazon, please use the Amazon link below to help support Levitating Monkey. Commissions from your purchases are crucial for us to continue to provide you with the content you love.
Supporting the Monkey costs you nothing – but it is dependent on using our Amazon links. To make it easy, we’e recommended some of our favorite Ayurvedic products in our articles and interviews. Check them out and you’ll help keep the lights on here at Levitating Monkey.
Click here to go directly to the