Trikatu is often prescribed in Ayurveda. Containing three spices in equal proportions, it’s is made up of:
- Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Ginger – Zingiber officinalis.
Being extremely hot by nature, Trikatu is often used to stimulate the digestive fire (Agni), burn toxins, increase circulation and reduce inflammation.
Some Additional Key Benefits of Trikatu:
- It has been shown to be beneficial for the respiratory system
- It balances Kapha dosha, as it removes congestion
- Useful in treating throat infections
- It burns fat
- It is good for the liver, spleen and pancreas
- Beneficial in treating hypothyroidism
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Has been shown to be beneficial in treating skin diseases
- It stimulates the stomach to produce enzymes, thus, aiding in digestion
- Useful in relieving ama (a state of indigestion)
- Useful in treating diabetes
- Useful in treating bloating
Interested in purchasing? We recommend trying Himalaya Herbal Healthcare’s Trikatu Caplets.
- Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies, supplements or starting a new health regime or practice.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take this product.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications should not take this product.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should not take this product.
- Due to its hot potency, Trikatu may worsen gastritis, causing a burning sensation.
Support the Monkey
If you do any shopping at Amazon, please use the Amazon link below to help support Levitating Monkey. Commissions from your purchases are crucial for us to continue to provide you with the content you love.
Supporting the Monkey costs you nothing – but it is dependent on using our Amazon links. To make it easy, we’e recommended some of our favorite Ayurvedic products in our articles and interviews. Check them out and you’ll help keep the lights on here at Levitating Monkey.
Click here to go directly to the