Ayurvedic Benefits of Trikatu
Trikatu is often prescribed in Ayurveda. Containing three spices in equal proportions, it's is made up of: Black pepper – Piper nigrum Long pepper fruit – Piper longum Ginger – Zingiber officinalis. Being extremely hot
Trikatu is often prescribed in Ayurveda. Containing three spices in equal proportions, it’s is made up of:
- Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Ginger – Zingiber officinalis.
Being extremely hot by nature, Trikatu is often used to stimulate the digestive fire (Agni), burn toxins, increase circulation and reduce inflammation.
Some Additional Key Benefits of Trikatu:
- It has been shown to be beneficial for the respiratory system
- It balances Kapha dosha, as it removes congestion
- Useful in treating throat infections
- It burns fat
- It is good for the liver, spleen and pancreas
- Beneficial in treating hypothyroidism
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Has been shown to be beneficial in treating skin diseases
- It stimulates the stomach to produce enzymes, thus, aiding in digestion
- Useful in relieving ama (a state of indigestion)
- Useful in treating diabetes
- Useful in treating bloating
Interested in purchasing? We recommend trying Himalaya Herbal Healthcare’s Trikatu Caplets.
- Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies, supplements or starting a new health regime or practice.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take this product.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications should not take this product.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should not take this product.
- Due to its hot potency, Trikatu may worsen gastritis, causing a burning sensation.