12 Reasons to Start Sipping Nettle Tea
As the weather continues to cool down, and I look to add a bit of variety to my daily tea regimen, I've been reminded of the great benefits of sipping on stinging nettle tea. Many years
As the weather continues to cool down, and I look to add a bit of variety to my daily tea regimen, I’ve been reminded of the great benefits of sipping on stinging nettle tea.
Many years ago, I had a Buddhist teacher who used to sip on this tea frequently during our class. He often shared this treasured tea with his students, reminding us that the Tibetan saint, Milarepa was said to have lived on only nettles for decades of meditation.
Looking for ways to break that morning joe habit? Here are 12 top reasons to start drinking stinging nettle tea:
1. Helps with osteoarthritis
2. Aids with menstrual cramps and bloating
3. Reduces inflammation
4. Aids in treating allergies, particularly hayfever
5. Helps to breakdown kidney stones and maintain good kidney health
6. Reduces menopausal symptoms
7. Destroys intestinal worms and parasites
8. Aids in alleviating IBS, gastrointestinal disorders, ulcers, as well as constipation
9. Stimulates the lymph system, thus strengthening the immune system
10. Promotes a release of uric acid from the joints
11. Has been shown to reduce the incident of prostate cancer
12. Stinging nettle has shown promise in treating Alzheimer’s disease, as well as ADHD.
Note: Be sure to check with your doctor before you start consuming nettle, as it can interfere with certain prescription pharmaceuticals.