As the weather continues to cool down, and I look to add a bit of variety to my daily tea regimen, I’ve been reminded of the great benefits of sipping on stinging nettle tea.
Many years ago, I had a Buddhist teacher who used to sip on this tea frequently during our class. He often shared this treasured tea with his students, reminding us that the Tibetan saint, Milarepa was said to have lived on only nettles for decades of meditation.
Looking for ways to break that morning joe habit? Here are 12 top reasons to start drinking stinging nettle tea:
1. Helps with osteoarthritis
2. Aids with menstrual cramps and bloating
3. Reduces inflammation
4. Aids in treating allergies, particularly hayfever
5. Helps to breakdown kidney stones and maintain good kidney health
6. Reduces menopausal symptoms
7. Destroys intestinal worms and parasites
8. Aids in alleviating IBS, gastrointestinal disorders, ulcers, as well as constipation
9. Stimulates the lymph system, thus strengthening the immune system
10. Promotes a release of uric acid from the joints
11. Has been shown to reduce the incident of prostate cancer
12. Stinging nettle has shown promise in treating Alzheimer’s disease, as well as ADHD.
Note: Be sure to check with your doctor before you start consuming nettle, as it can interfere with certain prescription pharmaceuticals.
Support the Monkey
If you do any shopping at Amazon, please use the Amazon link below to help support Levitating Monkey. Commissions from your purchases are crucial for us to continue to provide you with the content you love.
Supporting the Monkey costs you nothing – but it is dependent on using our Amazon links. To make it easy, we’e recommended some of our favorite Ayurvedic products in our articles and interviews. Check them out and you’ll help keep the lights on here at Levitating Monkey.
Click here to go directly to the